Fall 2017 Favorites

4:37 PM

New York Fashion Week and Minnesota Fashion Week have come to a close! Just as I was inspired by this year's runway looks, I wanted to make a list of my favorite fall fashion trends emerging this year and link blog posts from the past that can inspire you.

Ruffles
What does a 16th century Spanish soldier, 18th century revolutionist and Karl Lagerfeld have in common? Ruffles, my dudes. They are extremely versatile. You can incorporate them into your jewelry, bags, sleeves or necklines. 
For my favorite ruffle looks, click here and here.


Shades of Wine 
Elle Woods had it right when she said "whoever said orange was the new [wine] was seriously disturbed." Although I love pumpkin-flavored EVERYTHING, wine is the cool girls color right now. Everywhere I look, I see wine...and I'm not just talking about my kitchen pantry! Shades of cranberry, oxblood and burgundy have been popping up on runway after runway. 
My favorite past wine-centric outfits herehere and here.


Red-To-Toe
Women empowerment is having a moment, and that doesn't end in the fashion world. Nothing signifies power like a head-to-toe red look, especially when it is paired with a scarlet colored lip. 
To see my favorite "power red" looks, click herehere and here.


Mid-length Skirts
After years of girls on Rock of Love wearing itty bitty denim skirts and Snooki rocking a barely there cheetah print dress, the tea-length skirt is back and trendier than ever (except for their debut at the end of the 40's).
For my favorite mid-length looks, click herehere and here.


Florals
Lana Del Rey rocks them and so does your couch. Although not as drab as the couch in your grandma's basement, the aesthetics of this years florals do have some similarities like muted colors and small floral repetitions. 
For my favorite floral numbers, click herehere and here.


Slogan T-Shirts
Speaking person to person is a thing of the past, so much so that now our clothing speaks for us. Whether it's political statements or "namastay in bed," plain white tees are covered in text. 
For my favorite word shirts, click here and here.


A big thank you to Poppy Smooches Boutique for collaborating with me on this post! They just opened up in the Eagan Outlet Mall for all my MN local readers. Their products are super trendy and they are ethically made in the USA! To shop my mock neck top, click here. To shop my black skinny jeans, click here. Duster/vest sold in-store only.

You Might Also Like

0 comments