Lacy LBD

4:52 PM

Happy Fri-yay everyone!

I don't know about you, but I love taking one night of the weekend and planning something to look forward to; it just gets me through the work week and keeps me excited. 


Although I do have some eccentric pieces that I like to wear to a night out in the city, nine times out of ten I just want a little black dress that I can pair with colorful pieces that will look good season after season. 


While at Poppy Smooches Boutique recently, I was drawn to this LBD. Maybe it was the fun neckline or the lacy shoulders, but something about this black dress popped out to me in a way the others didn't. 


I wanted to keep it simple (as has been the request of some of my newer readers who are trying to learn the basics of styling) and paired the dress with bright floral heels that I purchased a few seasons ago and some wild artistic earrings I bought from a local vendor in the Twin Cities (I would recommend doing earrings or a bracelet for jewelry, because it may be overpowering at the neckline/to accessorize with a necklace). 


I would highly recommend buying this dress. You can easily move around (if you wear it to a wedding and want to dance), it doesn't cling to the body or add extra "visual weight" to the hips and it can be easily taken from summer to fall.


  With its classic fit and flare style along with its lacy details on the shoulders, you'll look like a million bucks without having to go out of budget!

A big thank you to Poppy Smooches Boutique for collaborating with me on this look. This LBD can only be purchased in store, but I found some similar ones online here, here and here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments