Spring Ahead

6:51 PM

[OUTFIT DETAILS: DRESS (PRIMP BOUTIQUE), SHOES (OLD - OLD NAVY), RING (OLD - SIX ACCESSORIES)]
Photo Credit: @angi_jenny, Taken in Mendota Heights


"Once something has outlived its usefulness in one area of life, its purpose for being in existence is no longer the same. The leaf that captures a stream of sunlight, and then transfers its energy to the tree, serves one purpose in the spring and summer, and another completely different one through the fall
and winter."
- Guy Finley


I've never met Guy Finley, but I've also never enjoyed a cheesy Pinterest quote as much as I enjoyed that one.  Maybe it's his Kanye-esque #positivevibes or maybe it's that he's straight to the point, but I truly resonate with this. 

Confession time: I am the spokesperson for comfort zones. I have many of them, I often do not go outside of them. 


Lately, I have become unreasonably comfortable with a certain level of stress. If I'm not going somewhere or doing something at every moment of the day, I don't know what to do with myself. 

Truthfully, I would rather just tell you all to make yourself new this spring and switch everything up and do something you normally wouldn't do, but before I gave you a piece of knowledge like that, I think you deserve to know how hypocritical it is. 


Instead I want to reflect on Mr. Finley's words, which can be summed up in its most basic form as: It is not necessary to refresh your whole life all at once. Not even nature, which God keeps track of (he might not have said that part explicitly), does that. 

Truthfully, I don't think we're intended to change everything suddenly. I think we're the tree in that quote. No part of that quote says "the whole tree gave up, felt a lack of purpose and died." Instead the tree grows and changes slowly. It does not push itself farther than it can go, it does not do it by itself and it does not add a leaf before first disposing of an unnecessary one. (See Pinterest quotes don't give you this much reflection). 


So this spring, be a tree and dispose of the dead leaves. Although you're comfortable with them there, they had a place and a time. Also, don't force yourself to take on new leaves that you're not ready for. Finally, trees don't grow by themselves, don't be afraid to ask for help while you grow. 


Let's Connect!
and 
Snapchat: @krazykaloogs


You Might Also Like

0 comments