Strapless in Saint Paul

1:13 PM

Strapless in Saint Paul. Get it?

Okay, now that I got that out of my system, lets talk about wide legged pants and jumpsuits.


 These trends, once popular during the 70s/disco era, are back in style and there are multiple new ways to wear them. 


For a wider leg, you can go with the classic bell bottom jean, or the early 2000's flare leg or you could also do Palazzo pants which are a newer adaption that may be more comfortable for lounging around. 


Jumpsuits also come in many varieties (you can see my past jumpsuit looks here, here and here) and are fun to dress up for a night out or for business wear, but are also relaxed enough for a casual get together with friends. I personally love jumpsuits because you don't have to worry about anything coming un-tucked and a majority of your outfit is right there, ready to go.  


For this look, I picked up this jumpsuit at a campus-wide clothing swap back in the fall (Clothing swaps are an awesome way to pass on clothes you don't wear anymore and find new pieces you'll love for years to come!). 

I wanted to make an edgy "street wear" look for walking around St. Paul, so I paired my jumpsuit with a pair of tan heels and a choker necklace. 

If you wanted to dress it up, you could also pair it with a pearl necklace or a clutch and a cardigan and if you wanted to dress it down more, you could pair it with a long, simple necklace and black flats. 


Are you seeing any styles from the past re-trending this year? Which ones are your favorites?



You Might Also Like

0 comments