Birthday Bliss

8:53 PM



If you didn't see my last Instagram post, my birthday is tomorrow! 

When I have a birthday coming up, I like to reflect back on the year: what I've accomplished, where I've failed (and how to grow from those situations), where I can love others and represent the Lord better as well as growing in my skills of styling and educating myself for the blog and my lovely followers. 


In honor of my 22nd  birthday, here are a few of the lessons I learned in my 21st year of life:

1. "Sometimes good things from God come disguised in bad packages." 
Mark Darling, one of the head pastors of the church I attend, said this last fall when he visited our church location and it has resonated with me all year long. 


2. Change is not always a bad thing.
 I HATE change. I have a comfort zone and I don't like to stray from it. But just like point number one, change can often be good. In fact, without hard periods or times of change, I would still be the person I was at 18. By being forced out of my comfort zone and called to new places, relationships and situations, I am exponentially grown into a better version of myself. 

3. It's better to be kind than to be right. 
No one will remember how many facts you knew or how many bets you won, they will remember your kindness. 

 

4. Put down your phone, you'll be amazed what happens. 
A few years ago, statistics showed that the average millennial's greatest fear is public speaking. I think the outcome of that poll would have been drastically different if silence or feeling awkward had been on that list. When we feel awkward, we pick up our phones and check social media. When we work out we listen to music, when we make dinner, we have the TV on in the background. Many people cannot sleep without noise makers or white noise. Put down your phones, turn off the TV, enjoy the company of those around you. 


5. Slow down.
This point is dedicated to young people making big decisions. Life is overwhelming. You don't have to have all the answers. Don't worry about something that has not happened yet and do not compare your accomplishments to others. 


Photos are by Ivy Christina Photography
She is seriously such a joy to work with and came well prepared with different inspiration photos and cool ideas. I had a blast and would recommend her for any event. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments