Cool, Cropped and Collected

10:37 AM

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel overwhelmed?  Right when you think you cannot be any more stressed, one more responsibility is placed on your plate. 


You try to finish one final paper, but then you're interrupted with group project work. You want to keep working out, but you have to prioritize studying over health. You find yourself struggling with simple things and you are exhausted in all ways possible. 

Me too. 

In the chaos and commotion, I find it difficult to focus on the positive. I get discouraged by my lack of strength or ability to do it all. 


In God's perfect timing, a friend of mine recently reminded me that it is okay that I cannot do it all on my own, because I was not meant to do it all on my own. 

As an american, this is so counter cultural to me. Whether its my lack of trust in the person or their ability, the weakness I feel when I need to ask for help or even simply the desire to have all of the praise when something is accomplished, it all holds me back from welcoming others in and getting assistance. 


As I thought about his words more and more I realized that what he said was true. If you look at any great success story, it does not involve anyone getting there by themselves.

No singers can be successful without listeners, no company can make sales without consumers and a movie is only as good as the rating that it gets. 


So whether you are in the midst of finals, have a big work project coming up or are going through a tough season in life, don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and ask for help. With a little help from your friends, you'll stay cool, calm and collected. 


Thank you Kokoon Fashion for collaborating with me on this blog post! If you liked the pieces from this post, you can follow these links for the CROPPED SWEATER and SKIRT!

Connect with me! Follow The Sweltering Sweater on Instagram!

You Might Also Like

0 comments