3 P's for Picking the Perfect Rain Coat

11:25 AM

[[OUTFIT HIGHLIGHT: RADIANCE FREE COUNTRY JACKET]]

About a year ago I collaborated with Elle Photography on a post called 3 P's for Picking the Perfect Coat. In it, I gave readers insight into what is of importance when picking out a coat and what is not. 


Because that post was so successful (as I'm finding most of the "advice" posts are), I wanted to do a second one on raincoats. 


I will us the same 3 P's, but some will be of greater importance than they were in the winter coat version. 

To review, the 3 P's are: Practical, Personality and Price. 

To begin, is your rain coat practical (i.e. will it protect you from the rain/Is it waterproof?) This is the most important of all the steps. If you aren't buying a coat that is waterproof and has wind breaker qualities, then why are you looking for a rain coat?


The second point is personality. Personally, I love adding in a pop of color or a design that is unique, but in the scheme of things, this is probably the least important of all the steps. This is the "fun" step that allows you to individualize your look. Also think into what "technology" you want in your coat. How many zippers do you want? Do you want an adjustable waist? What is a necessity to you and what fun items will you use regularly?


Finally, is the price right? Unlike a winter coat, which you may wear 6 months out of the year, you will probably wear a rain coat for 2 or 3. Getting a rain coat that is of good quality is important, but spending an arm and a leg (unless you're a real outdoor enthusiast) is not necessary. Spend within your range on a coat that suits you. 

Hopefully these 3 P's will be helpful and easy to remember in the future. I think shopping with a purpose in mind is always a good idea. Otherwise you will buy just to buy and may end up with a piece you don't even want. 


 If you have any other fashion questions you want me to answer or any fashion advice you need let me know below and I will put it in a future blog post!

Connect with me! Follow The Sweltering Sweater on Instagram!

You Might Also Like

0 comments