The Sweltering Sweater Turns 1!

5:00 PM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but The Sweltering Sweater turned 1 last week!

In typical Kaylie fashion (I'm late to everything) I am behind on getting this post up. The actual date was May 12th. I must say, it has been quite a marvelous year. This blog started out with myself and Angi and some sweet iPhonography. Since then, multiple talented photographers, 33 outfits, and many hours of editing (and I mean MANY hours of editing) have made this blog what it is today.

 I have learned so much (and continue to learn) about the blogging world. It's very scary putting yourself out there for people because you never know how they are going to react. I have also gained knowledge about the fashion world, both the strengths and the weaknesses. My main goals in creating this blog were to use my creative skills, cultivate my love for fashion and to encourage my readers that you are beautiful exactly as you are. To quote 'the beauty construct' by Nayyirah Waheed, (a Tumblr poet, you can see her Tumblr page here),

 "you see your face. you see a flaw. how. if you are the only one who has this face."

I want to remind all my readers that you are all #flawless in a way no one else is. You are the only one with your face, your body and your personality. Thank you for the kindness, encouragement and support you have shown me. This year was incredible and I can't wait to see what the next one brings!








My dress is from the Mossimo brand at Target. My belt is also from Mossimo.

For this blog shoot, we went to Cupcake in Eagan. Their cupcakes and macaroons are really tasty and the decorations are very cute! You can see their site here.
Also, a big thank you to Anna Treimer! I loved working with her on this shoot. To see Anna's previous work click here


You Might Also Like

0 comments