Introductions and Illustrations

11:56 PM

Since this is titled “Introductions and Illustrations” I should probably start with the introduction part:
Hi! I’m Kaylie. I live in Minnesota. I love clothes (which is why I am interested in going into the fashion industry), music, food and many more things which will all be included in this blog at some point.
Yes, the awkward part is over. Now we’re acquaintances!
On to the illustration part (it’s not actually an illustration, it’s more of an explanation I just needed another I word for the title) I created this blog because I happen to think that clothing is important. I’m not trying to say appearance is everything, but it definitely speaks some truth about a person. I think fashion is similar to music. Music can be used to show your individuality – finding a band before they’re popular, liking an eccentric genre of music that most people may not find appealing, etc. – or it can connect you with people that have no other commonalities. Clothing/Music are used to express emotions, maybe when you’re having a bad day you listen to John Mayer’s “Stop This Train” and wear your super dark old man sweater with sweatpants and eat tons of crap and regret all your life choices……..or on a good day you might listen to any Beyonce song and wear your mint skinny jeans with your coral crop top. (The possibilities really are endless because Beyonce could make you feel fierce wearing a Cub Foods bag, I think you get the point.) To wrap this up I will just say that I am super excited to start this beautiful blogging adventure with whoever happens to read this!

You Might Also Like

0 comments