Part 1: From Re-purposed to Ritzy

9:23 PM

[[OUTFIT DETAILS: Repurposed]]
PC: @angi_jenny, Taken at Centennial Lakes Park

In an effort to promote sustainability and discourage over-consumption of textiles, I wanted to create a two-part blog post that shows how you can take a "re-purposed" piece of clothing and make it new! 

So, for the next two blog posts, I will use re-purposed pieces and I will show how to style them two different ways. 


For this post, my top and bag are "re-purposed" pieces. 

Maybe you're asking "What does that mean?"

For me, re-purposing or recycling means either 1) I am not the first owner of this piece or 2) I was able to prolong the life of the garment OR in some cases it can mean both.

In this case, I was not the first owner of the coach bag or the top. Neither of them were in horrible condition so I didn't give them new life, but someone could have easily thrown them out of passed them off to Goodwill without a second thought. Instead, both were donated to a clothing drive I had recently attended. 


For this half, I wanted to dress up the pieces, so I paired them with a color blocked skirt and Lacoste watch (last seen here) and sparkly sandals. 


Stay tuned for the second part where I show you how to style this top for a more casual look. 

Let's Connect!
and 
Snapchat: @krazykaloogs

You Might Also Like

0 comments