Independent Woman

10:52 PM

Hello my loves and Happy Independence day!


On account of not having shot a business casual look in a while (since this post from April), I thought it would be good to bring in an outfit to inspire my new workers just entering the work field (unless you don't work at a business casual company, then swap the jeans for navy blue slacks or a skirt).


I know a few of you, as well as IRL friends have asked what my tips for a good work wear wardrobe would be and to be honest, it is incredibly simple:

1. Find yourself an appropriate top (i.e. no low fronts showing everything off, no stains or tears and no crop tops - if you wouldn't wear it to church, don't wear it to work).


2. As for accessories, many companies sell jewelry in pairs, either a necklace and bracelet or a necklace and earrings, so that can make it easier to know what jewelry looks good together. 


3. If you're allowed to wear jeans, absolutely NO HOLES. No one asked to see your knees and I don't know who thought tears on the butt in denim was a good look but it isn't for the streets and definitely not for work.


4. Finally, shoes. You all know that I love stylish/trendy pieces, but I value comfort in shoes over anything. For my job, I am constantly on my feet so I'm not going to wear heels for an 8 hour shift. Be smart about the weather, how strong your shoes need to be to withstand the wear and tear of your job and how comfortable they are, both on the back of the heel and in the arch of your foot. 


 5. Finally, the easiest color palette to pair up and mix and match are neutrals. Blues, whites/creams/tans, grays, and black shades are all easy to pair together. The only ones I would not recommend pairing are black and navy blue, but Ralph Lauren pulled it off so maybe you can too! 


Photos are by Ivy Christina Photography
She is seriously such a joy to work with and came well prepared with different inspiration photos and cool ideas. I had a blast and would recommend her for any event. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments