Spring Sweater Weather

1:41 PM


If you read my Ethical and Eco-Friendly Brands post, then you may have noticed that popular fashion brands are starting to make positive changes towards better business practices. One of the brands I did not include in that list (I plan to make a professional wear brands list later on) is Ann Taylor


While in India this past January, I visited the Orient Craft Manufacturing factory. They construct clothing for brands like Old Navy, Marks and Spencer, Ann Taylor and many others. The building where the employees were working was well maintained and clean, the owners were friendly and insightful and treated the workers with respect and the workers were payed a livable wage, so you can feel good when shopping these brands.

With Easter coming up and spring on its way, I wanted to highlight a piece from Ann Taylor that is perfect for a casual church look or for a cool spring day when you don't need a coat but you can't wear a t-shirt yet. 


 I tried to keep the look uncomplicated as the cowl-necked sweater dress is a simple piece. I like the "multi-purpose" aspect of this dress as you can dress it up or down as much as you'd like.

 I paired the dress with navy leggings, navy flats from Old Navy, a pair of earrings and a champagne colored bracelet. 


As nice as it is that there are companies specifically made for fair trade and sustainable wear, it's also nice to see a familiar brand that you have always liked shopping at. For the next few posts, I want to highlight well-known, big name companies that are making a change so I can make responsible shopping easy for my readers. If you have any particular companies in mind that you would like me to highlight, comment below!




You Might Also Like

0 comments