Switched up Sleek

6:12 PM

[[OUTFIT HIGHLIGHT: JEWELRY - BELLA MI JEWELRY]]


When it comes to professional wear, often times we focus in on what's classic. 

Pearls, a black blazer and conservative pumps are the go to's, and truthfully there's nothing wrong with that. 


But as I get closer and closer to graduation, and the corporate world, I want to create a professional wardrobe that includes pieces that are outside of the norm. In this case, I focused in on how you can use jewelry to make a look that is all your own. 


For this outfit, I started with a sleek look encompassed by classic elements. A navy shift dress, nude low heeled pumps, a cross body bag and natural looking makeup. 

To spice it up, I added these copper, sterling silver and terra jasper earrings and this wood, terra jasper, brass and copper patina pendant (both are from Bella Mi - link at top of page).  


What I love about this look is that it embraces a different culture with the mala necklace which is a very spiritual piece in Buddhism (it can be compared to a catholic rosary or prayer beads). And although I don't use it that way, I still find great beauty in the piece. It also takes a step away from traditional, but can easily be paired with "corporate clothing" like this dress. 

What I love about Bella Mi is that Sam makes each piece by hand and really puts thought and time into her pieces. If you want well made, homemade jewelry, then make sure to take a look at Bella Mi Jewelry. 


Connect with me! Follow The Sweltering Sweater on Instagram!

You Might Also Like

0 comments