Sleek and Sleeveless

2:41 PM

[[OUTFIT DETAILS: DRESS - KOKOON, SHOES - OLD NAVY, EARRINGS - BOUGHT FROM A PRIVATE JEWELRY MAKER IN MENDOTA HEIGHTS]]
Photo Credit: @nissycarol, taken at Como Lake Pavilion 

Today I want to talk about transition pieces. I once heard that a good rule of thumb when shopping is if you can't pair the item you want with 3 other pieces, then you shouldn't get it.


Let's be real, we've all been there before: "Oh I'll definitely wear this neon dress to a party" or "I should get this blazer to start building my professional wardrobe." and there we are with a closet full of random party dresses and blazers that are never worn. So today, I wanted to give a few pieces of advice so that you don't end up buying more clothes than you really need. 


I wanted to highlight this KOKOON piece because it is so versatile. Paired with a blazer and boots (and due to the length - yay midi's!), it could be worn to work. Worn with high heels (and due to the way it fits the curve of the body) it could be worn for a fun night out with the girls. The sweater material is warm enough where it can be worn in the winter, but sleeveless so you won't overheat in the summer.


Another key piece of advice is sticking to one color theme. Its easy for me to pair items with neutrals because I have a lot of them. I keep my closet organized by color so I know what colors would pair well with what I already own. 


Over the years I've realized that it is not the quantity of the pieces in your closet (a.k.a. how much clothing you have) but instead the quality. Is it well made? Is it transitional for multiple seasons and outfits? Is it a trendy piece or a classic piece that can be worn for multiple years? 


With these points in mind, it won't be hard to create a versatile and stylish wardrobe that transitions well. 


Let's Connect!
and 
Snapchat: @krazykaloogs

You Might Also Like

0 comments