Campus to Classy

7:04 PM

[[OUTFIT DETAILS: TOP, PANTS, SHOES]]
Photo Credit: @nissycarol, taken at Como Lake Pavilion


As this semester comes to a close (and I cannot put into words how excited I am for it to end), people will begin their new summer jobs - or possibly even full time jobs for those of you graduating - and need to consolidate a wardrobe that is less campus and more classy. 


As my professional wardrobe has grown, I've learned a few lessons I would like to share:

1. If you want to wear heels, only wear ones you can comfortably live in all day. One of the joys of ballet flats being in fashion (and even some upscale sneakers!) is that you can be on your feet all day without feeling like you've been on your feet all day. The nude colored heels I'm wearing in this photo have always been one of my favorites (right next to the pink ones in the exact same style). They're from the Comfort Plus line by Payless and they are a great choice for heeled footwear. 


2. For the ladies: You can keep yourself covered without feeling like a prude. This Kokoon top is a really good example of that. With the added cami covering me, I don't feel overexposed. As an added bonus, this top is super flattering on multiple body types!


3. Wear the right bottoms. I have found that dark pants are the best for me, but again my jobs have all been ones where I'm on my feet or creating visual displays. If you like to wear brightly colored pants or white pants (both of which depend on your work situation), then by all means do it! If you have a "modest" business skirt, then wear that. I have just always found the dark pants are the safest option when it comes to working.



Let's Connect!
and 
Snapchat: @krazykaloogs

You Might Also Like

2 comments