Update and Inquiry

5:44 PM

[[OUTFIT FEATURE: Steve Madden Fur Vest]]


Dear Reader,

I originally started this blog to build a portfolio for after college. The idea was that if I could have a variety of "lookbooks" for potential employers to view then I would have more credibility than the regular graduate. 

 

Instead, I have gained exceedingly more than I imagined when this blog began 1 1/2 years ago. 


I have solidified that a major in fashion is the best choice for me and is something I truly enjoy. I have met amazing people along the way, both photographers as well as companies who I have been able to team up with. I have been able to discuss not only what is "on trend" but what the apparel industry can do to improve their treatment of workers and their treatment of the environment. I have watched myself be welcomed into a community of people with shared passions. 


I have loved every minute of it. 


And although I have a group of very supportive friends and family around me, I have not been able to master the balance of passion and everyday life. It does not seem like there are enough hours in the day to accomplish my responsibilities and have time to focus on the blog.


So my question to you - friends, family and followers - is how do you balance your everyday responsibilities while still being able to focus on your own personal goals? What keeps you focused? What inspires you and restarts that spark? Let me know in the comments section below.

Sincerely, your favorite (exhausted) fashion blogger


All photos for this post were taken by Elle Photography. To see more of her work, check out the link above, her Facebook Page or her Instagram account

Let's Connect!
NEW Instagram page
and 
Snapchat: @krazykaloogs

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I know what you mean! It's so hard to balance it all. I'll hit the 1 yr mark this February and I've grown so much since then both personally and with the blog. I'm still trying to balance it all too so if you come up with the secret formula please let me know!!

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback! You definitely need to have passion for it otherwise you will burn out. Good luck on growing your blog!

    ReplyDelete