The Ghosts of Christmas Past

2:55 PM

 

Wow! What a crazy last few days!

I went from finals, to visiting friends who had returned home, to traveling yesterday and now Christmas Eve is here. 


Within the craziness, I feel like Christmas traditions and normal holiday activities were put on the back-burner. 

For a while, I felt alone in this. But one day while I was on Twitter, I noticed that other people would make comments like "I feel less christmasy than I ever have." 


While I could do a post on remembering that Jesus is the reason for the season or how family is more important than gifts, I wont. You already know this. 

Because there are other ways to reflect Christ in this season without having to shove him down other people's throats or complain about coffee shop cups. 


Instead, I'll encourage that you take the next few days to put yourself fully into what is happening. put down your phones, pick up a plate of food and engage. Value what traditions you can still participate in. Show people that you care about what is going on in their lives. You've been focused on what was most important the last few weeks, this is a reminder to do the same now.

Don't compare this Christmas to last Christmas. You are not who you were. Maybe you've experienced hardships this year. Maybe this has been the best year of your life. Maybe your relationship with the Lord is weak, maybe it's better than ever. Your Christmas will not be the same because I guarantee you are not the same. 


Thank you to Elle Photography for the photos! To see more of Elle Photography MN's photos, click the links below:
Instagram
Facebook


Let's Connect!
NEW Instagram page
and 
Snapchat: @krazykaloogs

You Might Also Like

0 comments