February Favorites

8:34 AM

Since it's been almost a year since I last did a favorites post [insert shocked emoji], here's a little run down of what this consists of:

Although I tend to be a person who sticks to what is familiar to her, every once in a while I do go out of my comfort zone and try something new. Sometimes these items are duds, but sometimes they become regularly used treasures. When I collect enough of these regularly used treasures, I pick what I believe to be the best ones and then I tell you about them (So in short, that's what a favorites post is!)

For my favorites posts, I like to divide them up into categories: food, beauty, fashion and music. This forces me to add variety so that it isn't just another outfit post (although at some point I could do a fashion edition and just do all my favorite clothing pieces?)

MUSIC:

If you know me IRL then this is no surprise, I have been jamming out to Lana Del Rey since August. Although I knew of her before this summer, I had a pre-concieved notion that she was way too indie for me (purely based on people I knew who listened to her), but when a friend of mine forced me to listen to this, I came to really enjoy it. You can definitely feel her passion in the music and her lyrics are relatable. It's a staple CD (#oldschool) in my car.



FOOD:
So I really only have one thing on my mind as we get closer to valentine's day and that's dessert. These Nutella stuffed (!!!!) chocolate chip cookies are amazing! You can either start from scratch or use a mix for the cookie dough. In this case, I had to get the job done quickly, so I used Betty Crocker. If you have the time though, do start from scratch, it's always better!



This Betty Crocker recipe is super easy, all you need is a stick of butter and water. (Pro-tip: either brew coffee or throw in an instant coffee mix instead of the water because it draws out the flavor!)



Once your cookie dough is mixed up, create tiny balls of dough and then plop a bit of nutella in the center. Enclose the nutella within the cookie dough, ensuring that there are no holes where it can seep out. 



Once they're ready to go, you bake 8 - 10 minutes and then you're done! 
Enjoy!



BEAUTY:
My main item for beauty this month is Lush's Mask of Magnaminty. I bet most of you know what Lush is - if you don't they specialize in skincare, soaps and overall nice smelly things. This goes on like any other mask (wash your face first and then leave it on for 5 - 10 minutes then wash it off) but it has some kinda magic in it where your face feels so good! It's like a cool breeze is caressing your skin! It's truly mystical.



Please enjoy this photo where I look like a mix of Squidward and Elphaba from Wicked. 



FASHION:
Recently I've been really into turtlenecks (I don't know why, I used to hate them). What I like about this Forever 21 dress is that it has the warmth factor of a turtleneck sweater, but I can ideally wear it in the early spring or the fall, so it's versatile. Also all black is just prime. 



This scarf is very special to me because my friend Zelphia (if you follow me on Twitter @Kaylie_OConnor or on snapchat @krazykaloogs then you've seen or heard of Zelph a lot) brought it back from Italy for me! It's so cozy and can be looped a few times around your neck so it actually keeps you warm. Plus you can pair it with different outfits because of it's neutral minimalistic look. 



Well that's it for this month's favorites! Check back soon for a Valentine's Day themed post!

Let's Connect!
NEW Instagram page
and 

Snapchat: @krazykaloogs

You Might Also Like

0 comments