Best Blogger Advice

12:48 PM

Many people often ask me "What does it take to be a blogger?" Well...the greatest answer I can give is time. Blogging is not just me sitting here taking one picture and posting it for likes. Blogging is intense and creative and logistical and time consuming.


I get up at 5 am at least once a week to go do three or four outfits with Angi in the negative degree weather that we often have in Minnesota. We have to work around two work schedules constantly. We have to work around lighting and locations.

If I collaborate with other photographers (like Kelly who did the photos for this post) then we have to find a few hours in a week that work for both of us. Then my photographers have to dedicate time to working on editing my photos, which is time consuming for them.

  

If I collaborate with a company, then I have to put aside at least two hours to pick and choose outfits from their store and go on their schedule.

If this sounds like a lot of work, it is! Creatives are the new entrepreneurs and we are spending every free minute we have working towards a goal we dream about - being able to blog as a career and be our own bosses.


On top of putting in time for all of that, we also put in time with each other. Going to events and meeting other bloggers, photographers, designers and influencers is fun, but also requires at least one night of our week.


Now I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, in fact I thrive off of this kind of work. I love getting inside the head of my readers. I love trying to figure out what style they like or what content they want to read about. At the end of the day, the pay off (for me) is much greater than the work I put in.

If you are hoping to begin a blog and are confused on where to start, reach out to a local blogger you admire and ask to meet for coffee. Some of the greatest lessons I learned has come from "informational interviews" with female bloggers I look up to.


Also, as I come to the end of 2017, I wanted to say THANK YOU for this incredible year of blogging. I have more than doubled my following this year, have met many incredible women changing the face of fashion in the Twin Cities and I am SO ready to see what 2018 brings!


Thank you Kelly Kwong for these gorgeous photos! Kelly was very easy to work with and came prepared with cool ideas for our shoot. I would recommend her for your wedding, graduation or family photos!

You Might Also Like

0 comments