Tasteful Trench

4:20 PM

As a curvy girl, I tend to shy away from unstructured pieces. I like to chose items that define my waist and don't overwhelm me. 


When I first saw this Karma trench coat, I was worried it wouldn't compliment my body shape. I thought I would be swimming in it. Once I put it on, I realized that I was completely wrong!


Not only does it look good worn traditionally on my shoulders and zipped all the way up, but it also looks fantastic unzipped and off the shoulder! What makes this trench work is the high low cascade from front to back. The higher hem on the front emphasizes the waist and creates a natural slope for the eye to follow. Trench tops are also wonderful because you can wear them as indoor or outer wear. 

   

For this look, I paired the trench with a pair of high waisted skinny jeans that hugged my curves just right. They also don't gap open when you sit down, which is a huge bonus.

For the accessories I chose bright pops of color and floral details to bring a spring flair to this otherwise neutral palette. 

Finally, for the shoes, I wanted a pair that would compliment and fit into the colorful and neutral categories, so I went with these olive tassel zipper booties. 


Thank you, Karma Boutique, for working with me on this blog post. You can visit their website here to learn more about this unique twin-cities shop! 


If you love the items that you've seen in this blog post, then listen up! Karma Boutique and I have paired up and you can get 20% off your purchase if you mention my blog post to them!



All images taken by the incredibly talented Angi Klepnev. 
If you're looking for a photographer for your blog shoots, senior pictures, family pictures or wedding, I would highly recommend her. She is very detail oriented and can always find breathtaking locations.

You Might Also Like

0 comments